Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Rise

Rockford Coffee Party Chapter
On the day I heard about the "Do You Miss Me Yet?" Pro-Bush billboards, my heart dropped into my gut with fear and confusion! How can people miss the man who's election was a scandal, just after his inauguration he deregulated energy for his buddies at Enron, he accused the wrong country for the 9/11 attacks, he lied about "weapons of mass murder", he gave the rich the largest tax cut in history, he raised our deficit sky-high, he mislead thousands of soldiers to their deaths, he bailed-out giant corporations in our supposed free-market capitalist system, he stomped all over our Bill of Rights with his very dangerous "PATRIOT ACT", he ignored congress, he made backroom deals with Saudi Arabia (who support the REAL terrorists) and so much more!


Soon after, a wave if ignorance and hate washed over our country, backed up by rhetoric and misinformation. It was a wave of "Tea". A very bitter and distasteful tea, disguised as patriotism and waving our flag with a hateful fist. The Tea Party brought out the ugliness lurking in the bowels of our society. The where thrown into the mainstream media, branded as the "People's Voice".

I lost all hope of progress in our country that has already been stained with racism and greed. I felt as though our country's heart now pumps black blood of hatred and fear. "Where did all the rational people go?", I pondered. "Where is the support for our government now?". I needed an outlet for my frustration, but I didn't know what to do. Even my friends on Facebook have fell victim to the deception of such crooked propaganda from the greedy fascist corporate endorsed Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Rupert Murdoch's dishonest FOX "news"! They would turn words like "reconciliation" and twist it into "Nuclear Option", which sounds more destructive and bad, repeat it over and over and over, until it was implanted into the people's mindset! Remember "Freedom Fries"? It is NOT against the law to falsify the "NEWS"!

When I heard about Annabelle Park and her "Coffee Party" idea, I thought it was a joke, poking fun at the self proclaimed "Teabaggers"! But when I looked into COFFEEPARTYUSA.COM and read their mission statement, it was like all the gray clouds broke, revealing a warm sun of civility and intellect; TRUTH! I found that it wasn't just an anti-tea agenda, but a window of opportunity to protest against corruption, lobbying, backroom dealing, and to gain government cooperation in regulating the "above-the-law" corporations. I became a Facebook Freedom Fighter! I would search and unleash thousands of articles, videos, polls, blogs and lectures from all kinds of honest independent sources, as well as some of the small bits of truth scattered amongst the mainstream.

I heard there was a Chicago chapter, but it was hard for me to make all there meetings.

On March 27, at Katie's Cup (502 7th st. Rockford IL.) we had our first Rockford Chapter meeting. I was very excited, but a little nervous. I really didn't know what to expect. It was no surprise to find out that it was a very friendly, inviting, civil and intellectual group of people. I didn't want it to end! It instantly felt like home. It is such a relief to find out that you're not the only loving and rational person left in this corner of the globe. Although it is only 10 of us now, we will multiply by the hundreds. We just have to get the word out. We have plans that will prevail over the propaganda of the plutocracy! The Truth always prevails!

If you are around the Rockford vicinity, I implore you to help support the democracy of our country. We will be meeting again on Saturday, April 3rd at Katie's Cup- 502 7th St. Rockford, IL. If not us, who? If not now, when?



No comments:

Post a Comment